Welcome on board!
In the name of the entire Hack Kosice organising team we would like to thank you for expressing interest in sponsoring our event. With your help, we have no doubt that Hack Kosice will be a great event, giving hackers an unforgettable experience.
Contact with Hack Kosice
All communication with sponsors is dealt with the Sponsors team of Hack Kosice. Our agent who communicated with you will be happy to answer all you questions. If you are not sure whom to contact, contact Peter Ridilla (firstname.lastname@example.org).
In order to make this hackathon happen we will need you to send us pieces of information or take some actions. From time to time we will send you a list of actions to be taken by you and we ask you to act upon those.
Action list 1 - ASAP
Below are some items we expect from you within one week of us sending the contract draft
Please send us your company’s logo, preferably in a vector format (will be used by the marketing team)
Send us your company’s name you want to use and a short description (5-6 sentences, will be used by the marketing team)
Send us contact information to your contact person
The following items are needed for the contract only, so you can include them in the draft you send back and do not have to send them separately
- Send us your company’s seat (location of the headquarters)
- Send us your company’s identification number (IČO for Slovak companies)
Action list 2 - until 14.8.2020
We want to start working with you on these things as soon as we sign the contract with you:
- Clarify the name and description of your challenge, or decide not to have your own challenge and prize
- Clarify the name and description of your workshop
- Prepare to demonstrate the content of your workshop (5-10 min) – either send us a presentation or materials you wish to use
- Send us the PDF or PowerPoint slides of your online-stage presentation
- Send us the prizes that you are planning to give if you decided to own a challenge and present the criteria of judging
- Decide on the number of mentors and recruiters would be available online, give us their names, contact information, area of expertise (if mentor) and through this form: https://goo.gl/GifMBN
- Let us know about any other requirements you have 🙂
Action list 3 - until 28.8.2020
- By this time, you should have created your swapcard account together with virtual stand and informed all mentors and recruiters on how to use swapcard
Logo on the website and banner
Your company’s logo will be displayed on our website before, during and some time after the hackathon. Your logo will also be shown during the online livestream. Your company may also be presented in other selected promotional materials (videos, online banners, etc.)
CVs of participants
Since the places to participate in our hackathon are limited, and we are expecting much more applications than positions available, we require our participants to submit their resumes, which will be used to review their applications. The resume information of participants will be available to you on 29.8.2020 Saturday, 7 days before the event.
Hack Kosice stream
Hack Kosice will implement all necessary technical solutions to achieve high-class online stream. On the stream, sponsoring companies may be displayed as well as workshops.
Use Mentors & Recruiters
We offer you the opportunity to send your employees and representatives to the event. In general, there are 2 kinds of representatives, mentors and recruiters. The following list outlines their roles:
Mentors (max. 3):
- Could be senior programmers, experts in full-stack development
- Expected to help with technical parts of the hackathon projects
- Being online for the teams needing advice
- Make sure that teams are on the right path to create a presentable product
- Give your company an opportunity to showcase the expertise of their employees
- Have the chance to assess the skill set of hackers to provide valuable information in the recruitment process
Recruiters (max. 2):
- Welcome to approach and chat with hackers over the duration of the entire event
- Engage with the participants in any possible ways and answer general enquiries
- Represent your company at the company virtual stand
- Collect contact details from potential job candidates
Your online stand on SwapCard
Swapcard enables to create virtual events with genuine experience:
- Each sponsor will create its online stand with Company’s details, Services provided, Information, Social media links and Contact details
- Recruiters will be able to connect with hackers via implemented chat rooms and schedule videocalls for potential recruitment
- Swapcard enables running ads on the right panel of the platform with sponsors banners redirecting to the virtual stand
You are welcome to prepare and deliver a short 3 minute presentation on live stream at the opening ceremony.
- Should include some information about your company, your product, culture, core values, your category, any internship or part-time job opportunities etc. (illustrated with pictures, flowcharts or anything you deem sufficient)
- We will ask you to send your presentations a week prior the event, as part of an action list.
- Contact us if you need any other presentation aids that are unavailable to you or if you have any issues
Have a workshop
Give a technical presentation along with a practical demonstration in around 60 mins. The purpose of this is to expand the hackers’ horizons, so it could be programming related or anything else that might be interesting for hackers. Live coding workshops are especially popular.
It can be:
- Introducing some part of your product
- Topics your company works with or uses a lot
- Technology that hackers might use in their own hackathon project (CockroachDB, Docker, Building apps for Slack)
- Tips on how to effectively work for 24 hours on a hackathon
- How to market your product to succeed in the IT business
Please contact us if you are interested in running a workshop or if you have an idea for a great workshop topic. We strongly recommend you to come up with topic ideas. The organizing team will provide further guidance with the organization of workshops.
Challenge and prize
You can organise your very own Hack Kosice challenge named after your company with the focus of the prize also decided by jury consisting from your company’s mentors and other representatives (e.g. Newcomer award by Your Company, Machine Learning challenge by Your Company, etc.)
- All sponsors are expected to provide valuable (not neccesarily cash) prizes for the winners of the category they own (Platinum, Gold), mentor or recruit from. Good examples of such prizes are various consumer electronics articles such as keyboards, mouses.
- We recommend to give prizes roughly equal to 20% of the sponsorship contribution.
- The organising team will invite various independent IT personalities to the hackathon as mentors or speakers. You are welcome to assign roles to these independent mentors as associate judges of your category.
- More guidance will be provided by the organizing team on individual basis.